Commercial Invoices & Shipping Documents
As of October 5th, 2015, the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Washington, DC will only legalize and authenticate commercial documents that have been submitted for Document Verification to Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, the Embassy of the UAE's exclusive Verification Agent, at their Washington, DC office. After Akin Gump has verified the documents, companies must submit the paperwork for legalization to either the Embassy or to the respective Consulate covering the State in which the company is based. For Consulate/Embassy coverage and further information on the legalization process, please click here.
Document Verification by Akin Gump
For detailed Document Verification instructions, fee information, and relevant forms, please click here. The office is located on 2001 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006. For any inquiries, the phone number is 202-416-5250 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents certified by any other entity will not be accepted nor legalized by the Embassy or Consulate. Please note the National US-Arab Chamber of Commerce (NUSACC) certification stamp will no longer be accepted after October 9th, 2015.
Consulate Legalization and Authentication Requirements and Fees
Requirements for Commercial Invoices
- The Consulate accepts money orders only issued in the U.S, made payable to: The Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates.
- A Certificate of Origin ($40.84 fee for each)
- Commercial invoice fee (see below)
- Invoices must be attested and have the total amount stated in US dollars
- Certificate of Origin and an invoice must be presented and attested together (not one without the other)
- Any other certificate, as required
You can also process payments online through the E-payment Gateway found on the Ministry's main website. For convenience, we posted the links below.
If you choose to pay online, please be sure to bring your payment confirmation email and reference number with your documents.
To avoid any delay please make sure that the fees are appropriately calculated by the following steps:
- The invoice total full value before any deduction such as downpayment or discount.
E-payment Gateway Individual Services:(Certificate of Origins)
E-payment Gateway Business Services:(Invoices)
Please see the following table and fee calculator to determine the correct fee.