Legalization of Documents

General Information

All documents must be submitted by hand or sent to the following address:

Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston
One International Place
Suite 2901
Boston, MA 02110

The Consulate accepts money orders or cashier's check only issued by a U.S based bank, made payable to: The Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston.

A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or airway bill is required. Note: do not put the UAE Consulate as the return address. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill. Putting the UAE Consulate name or address anywhere on the envelope or airway bill will result in considerable delays.

The Consulate requires a minimum of 3 business days to process any document.

Please contact the Consulate if you have any questions: (617) 948-8803, (617) 948-8804.

Steps for the Legalization of Documents

  1. All legal documents need to be attested by the U.S Department of State prior to sending them to the UAE Consulate. For the US Department of State requirements, please call 202-647-4000 or visit their website.
  2. US Department of State

    Visit or send the document to the US State Department Authentication Division in Washington DC.

    Important: Please have the documents returned to you, not the UAE Consulate. This helps avoid the loss of documents during transit, and confirms that the Department of State processed your document.

  3. UAE Consulate

    Send or bring the authenticated documents along with these items to the UAE Consulate for final authentication:

    • Money order or cashier's check with the appropriate fee (list below, fees are per document), payable to The Consulate of the United Arab Emirates in Boston.
    • If you send the documents, include a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill.
    • Please do not combined documents , document must be attested separately

Fees (Per Document)

Corporate and Legal Documents

Fee: $544.59 each Fee: $544.59 each
General Power of Attorney

Certificate of Good Standing


Free Sale Certificate/EP

Distribution Agreement, Agency...etc

Price List

Article of Incorporation, Registration

Financial Statement (if  more than one year are included the fees will be charged $544.59 per year)


GMP Certificate
Authorization of Agent

Sanitary Certificate


ISO Certificate

Board Resolution Certificate of Existence
Certificate of Incorporation


By Laws


US Patent Application


Trademark Application


Business License


Business Registration


FDA Certificate


Change of Address



Electronic Payment Gateway

E-Service for Legalization

UAE Diplomatic and Consular Missions and Attestation Centers

It's with great pleasure that we announce the implementation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation a Payment Gateway to support its valuable customers.

Through the Payment Gateway, you can perform a variety of payments for most of the services offered by United Arab Emirates foreign missions. This also offers you convenience of saving time and efforts in processing your transactions.

The Payment Gateway option can be accessed through the ministry`s main website: (link is external)

Procedures are as follows:

1- Select desired service (Invoices, Attestation, etc.)

2- Companies and Individuals must create a new user profile under New Registration

  • Companies can leave Emirates ID blank

3- Fill out form on website

4- Enter Payment Card Details and Complete Payment Process

  • Only VISA and MasterCard accepted

5- Drop off or mail in original documents to the Boston Consulate

6- Consular Specialist will then:

  • Check Invoice

  • Verify Validity of Akin Gump Stamp

  • E-Label to be printed and pasted on document

  • E-Label will then be signed and stamped by Consul General

  • Document to be returned to customer

7- The Status of the Application can be viewed under Pending Applications

Educational Documents

The UAE Embassy requests the following for educational documents:

In addition to the US Department of State attestation, please be advised that a Proof of Accreditation is required. The educational institution must be located in the US and regionally accredited by NEASC (CIHE), MSA (CHE), NCA (HLC), SACS (COC), NWCCU, or WASC (ACCJC-ACSCU). To show proof of regional accreditation, please visit the CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs and print your institution’s accreditation information.

Personal and Education Documents

Fee: $40.84 each

Education Document (diplomas, degrees).  Documents must be separate

Birth Certificate, Fingerprints, etc.

Marital Status

Power of Attorney (Personal)

Certificate of Good Conduct


How do I get my diploma, university degree, transcript, birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license, police records, police report, personal power of attorney certified and attested?

If the document(s) is issued to you by a US government entity or a US institution, you must first have it authenticated by the US Department of State Office of Authentication in Washington, DC. Please review the US Department of State requirements for authentication. These include:

  • Attest and certify the document(s) with a notary (notary public or notary at a local court).
  • Have the document(s) legalized at the local Secretary of State office. Check the list of Secretaries of State to find one in your area.

For any questions about the above, please contact the US Department of State.

Once you have received your authenticated document(s) from the US Department of State, bring or mail the document(s) to the Consulate of the United Arab Emirates in Boston with a money order for the appropriate amount ($40.84 for each certificate) payable to UAE Consulate and a pre-paid return FedEx or express mail envelope. The mailing address of the UAE Consulate  is:

Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston 
One International Place, Suite 2901
Boston, MA 02110

The Consulate does not provide recommendations for couriers. To find one in your area, please check the local phone book or search online.

If your document(s) is issued to you by:

  • A government entity or institution outside the United States, please contact the UAE Embassy in that country. Please check the list of UAE embassies and consulates in other countries.
  • The UAE and you need it certified for use in your home country, contact your home country’s embassy in the UAE. Please check the list of embassies and consulates in the UAE.

Can the Consulate recommend a service company that will help me legalize my document(s)?

No. The UAE Consulate does not give referrals or bear responsibilities for outside document service companies.

Newsletter Sign Up

Area(s) of Interest