Legalization of Documents

General Information

All documents must be submitted by hand or sent to the following address:

Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston
One International Place
Suite 2901
Boston, MA 02110

The Consulate accepts money orders or cashier's check only, made payable to: The Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston.

A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or airway bill is required. Note: do not put the UAE Consulate as the return address. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill. Putting the UAE Consulate name or address anywhere on the envelope or airway bill will result in considerable delays.

The Consulate requires a minimum of 3 business days to process any document.

Please contact the UAE Embassy's Consular Section if you have any questions: 617-948-8800.

Steps for the Legalization of Documents

  1. All legal documents need to be attested by the US Department of State prior to sending them to the UAE Consulate. For the US Department of State requirements, please call 202-647-4000 or visit their website.
  2. US Department of State
    Visit or send the document to the US State Department Authentication Division in Washington DC. (link is external)
    Important: Please have the documents returned to you, not the UAE Consulate. This helps avoid the loss of documents during transit, and confirms that the Department of State processed your document.
  3. UAE Consulate
    Send or bring the authenticated documents along with these items to the UAE Consulate for final authentication:

Certificate of Good Conduct

In order to get a Certificate of Good Conduct from the UAE, a fingerprint form must be legalized with the relevant US authorities, submitted to the UAE Consulate for legalization and then sent to the appropriate Ministry of Interior agency in the UAE.

Getting Fingerprints Legalized in the US​

  1. Fingerprint card authenticated by the US State Department Authentication Division (link is external)
  2. An extra copy of each original document
  3. A money order or cashier's check of USD$41.00 payable to The Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston
  4. A prepaid return envelope, with your name and address appearing on both the sender and the recipient fields

The address of the UAE Consulate in Boston is:

One International Place

Suite #2901,

Boston MA 02110


Sending the Documents to the UAE

Once you have received the documents back from the UAE Consulate, you have to send them to the appropriate agency in the UAE. Please include the following items:

  1. The fingerprint form legalized by the UAE Consulate
  2. A copy of your previous residence permit in the UAE
  3. A copy of your recent passport
  4. Two (2) color passport-size photographs
  5. Any required fees (depends on jurisdiction)

Send your packet to one of the two Ministry of Interior agencies below. Before sending the documents, please call to receive information on required fees, and to make sure you're sending them to the appropriate jurisdiction.

General Department of Criminal Investigation
Permits and Certificates Section
Dubai Police General HQ
POB: 1493
Dubai, UAE
Tel: 971-4-2013484 / 2013564
Fax: 971-4-2171512 / 2660151
Email: (link sends e-mail) (link is external)

Police Department - Abu Dhabi
POB: 253
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel: 971-2-4196666
Fax: 971-2-4196563 (link is external)

We suggest sending the documents to a friend in the UAE, so that your friend can obtain the certificate from the Police Department on your behalf. This will greatly reduce the processing time compared to sending the documents directly to the Police Department.

Corporate and Legal Documents

Fee: $546.67 Fee: $546.67
General Power of Attorney

Certificate of Good Standing


Free Sale Certificate/EP

Distribution Agreement, Agency...etc

Price List

Article of Incorporation, Registration

Financial Statement


Authorization of Agent




Board Resolution


Certificate of Incorporation


By Laws


US Patent Application


Trademark Application


Personal and Education Documents

Educational Documents

The UAE Consulate requests the following for educational documents:

In addition to the US Department of State attestation, please be advised that a Proof of Accreditation is required. The educational institution must be located in the US and regionally accredited by NEASC (CIHE), MSA (CHE), NCA (HLC), SACS (COC), NWCCU, or WASC (ACCJC-ACSCU). To show proof of regional accreditation, please visit the CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs and print your institution’s accreditation information.

Fee: $41

Education Document (diplomas, degrees)

Birth Certificate, Fingerprints, etc.

Marital Status

Power of Attorney (Personal)

Certificate of Good Conduct


Newsletter Sign Up

Area(s) of Interest